This Coconut Pumpkin bread is a healthier alternative to most pumpkin or spice cakes and smells magnificent baking in the oven- try it for Thanksgiving, holiday celebrations, family get-togethers, after-school snacks, or as a basic dessert (and it’s delicious with ice cream).
- 1 cup Nature’s Approved® Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and 1 Tbsp (for greasing pans)
- 3 eggs, brown or white (free-range, organic)
- 3 cups organic sugar (or substitute 2 cups maple syrup, agave nectar, or honey)
- 2 cups organic pumpkin purée
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract (aluminum-free preferred)
- 3 cups, all-purpose organic flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt, fine
- 1 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp cloves, ground
- 1 tsp allspice, ground
- Optional: 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped (best to get raw pecans, roast them and then chop & add)
(Makes 8+ Servings)
Directions: Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease bread loaf or other baking pans with 1 Tb Nature’s Approved® Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, and flour lightly, to prevent sticking when removing the bread. (If you want to roast whole Walnuts or Pecans, roast for 10 minutes now). In a large bowl, mix together Nature’s Approved® Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin and vanilla. Combine and stir together flour, baking soda, and spices in a separate bowl with a fork or spoon. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture until fully incorporated. Fold in chopped nuts, if desired. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes checking for doneness with a toothpick or a knife.